Running an emergency medical vehicle isn’t an easy job, especially when you are willing to work 24 X 7. Thankfully, at Life Savers Private Ambulance, our night staff consists of members who are always on their toes and as alert as day workers. From our Paramedics to the nursing professional and drivers, each of them has trained their bodies to function at optimal pace both mentally and physically even through the nights. Are you thinking about how can they possibly do that tirelessly?
Allow us to elaborate it for you in this blog.
1. Maintaining a Healthy Body – When you are working with an advanced life support ambulance, people’s life depends on you. It creates a lot of mental pressure on our professionals. In order to act at their maximum capacity, one basic step they take is following a healthy lifestyle. From exercising to eating a balanced diet and taking plenty of sleep, all these measures help them come refreshed to work. So, every patient on board is provided with the best healthcare possible until the destination is reached.
2. Quick Short Meals – When a patron is being transported from a remote area to an urban locale, it can take endless hours. If our staff comes to work empty stomach, they will undoubtedly grow weary and feel distracted at the culmination point. We have shrewd people who make rational decisions and consume a light meal before they start will the work!
3. A Competent Sleeping Regime – Unless you are a night owl, most of us are accustomed to sleeping at night. Why? Due to our inner clock. With time our body can be trained to sleep during the day. That is what our night-time workers do. A heavy blackout curtain and earplugs are their tools for sleeping tight in those sunny hours. One more factor that helps them get sound sleep is the absence of noises outside, with most of the people gone to their workplace.
4. Keeping Hydrated – While you might think a cup of joe is the secret for a paramedic to stay awake at night, it is partially true. Besides, they don’t have the time to concentrate on coffee when they are busy creating the next strategy to save a patient’s life! Water is the elixir they consume throughout the day and sip when the time allows at night. On an occasional basis, with a prescription from a doctor, they can take medication for sleeping or staying awake. However, we do not practice taking pills or anything like that because, in the long-term, it can impact health adversely. Our hard-working staff is as good with ethics as the job they do for you, and they don’t need help of drug to cater services at night!
5. Preparation – We don’t just call them our heroes for showing up at the odd hours; they have a fix for everything. We pride on our team who is always ready to face unprecedented challenges by having backup plans which include extra set of medical equipment, a tracking mechanism for accessing patient’s location, and contacts with the best nearby hospitals. On top of it, our experienced emergency medical technician and specialist never let you down. Doing their best to keep the patient stable and sometimes addressing the key cause even before the patient reaches a hospital, they win your trust. As first respondent, you couldn’t ask for anything better!
Conclusion: An emergency medical vehicle is your way out when a loved one is in a critical condition and needs urgent assistance. It is normal for a human body to feel tired and restless while working during the night. So, the question is, how do the ambulance workers function so well during the nights? Our staff shows a superb performance during the dark hours by resting during the day and adjusting their circadian rhythm to suit their work requirement. As a result, they can operate for long hours, staying fully alert every second of their job, until the patient isn’t rushed to the hospital or the destination you have booked our services for.